David N. Rockwell
David N. Rockwell has represented California workers in workers' compensation benefits matters since 1982, when he began his partnership in Modesto. Growing up in a union family, with a father active in labor issues, David entered the practice of law committed to representing people, not corporations.
After graduating from Harvard Law School, David helped workers, unions, tenants, and Native Americans fight for their rights. Upon moving to Modesto in 1977, he continued that commitment, and a few years later joined forces.
The State Bar Committee on Legal Certification recognized David as a Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law in 1987, as soon as he was eligible. He has appeared as a speaker many times throughout the state on various workers' compensation topics.
In 2002, David joined the Executive Board of the California Applicants' Attorneys Association (CAAA), a statewide organization of attorneys representing injured workers. David became president in 2005-06. He was named the Chairperson of CAAA's Legislative Committee in 2006-07. In that position, he spent many days in Sacramento acquainting legislators with the serious problems faced by California workers involved in the workers' compensation system, who are often victimized by insurance companies and employers.
As a California workers' compensation lawyer, David continues his activities with CAAA, challenging the unfairness of workers' compensation laws and regulations. He has participated in several appellate court cases as a "friend of the court" to argue on behalf of the workers of California.
David has received recognition by his peers as a "Super Lawyer" in polling by SuperLawyers.com, for seven straight years, through 2012.
David enjoys bicycling, sometimes for long distances, in the valleys and hills around Modesto and other scenic places in California.
- Social Security Disability
- Supplemental Security Income
- Social Security Benefits
- Social Security Appeals
- Workers' Compensation
- Workers' Compensation Applications
- Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Workers' Compensation Appeals
- Medical Rights in Workers' Compensation Matters
- Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1971
- Shimer College
- Massachusetts, 1972
- U.S. Federal Court, 1972
- California, 1977
- Northern California Super Lawyers
- Workers' Compensation, California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- California Applicants' Attorneys Association, Chairperson, Legislative Committee, 2006 to 2007
- California Applicants' Attorneys Association, President, 2005 to 2006
- California State Bar
- California Applicants' Attorneys Association, Executive Board
- Of Counsel