Jeffrey R. Duarte
I’m originally from Fresno, CA. Over the course of my life I’ve lived up and down the length of California and have been able to experience the different cultures and lifestyles that California has to offer.
After growing up in the Central Valley, I moved to Los Angeles where I attended the University of California at Los Angles (UCLA), graduating in 1993. Afterwards, I travelled up to Sacramento, CA, and attended McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, CA, graduating in 1996. After law school I commenced practicing law in Modesto, CA.
The entirety of my legal career I have practiced workers’ compensation law in the Central Valley, primarily in Modesto and Stockton. Nothing has brought me greater professional joy than having the opportunity to help protect injured workers and their legal rights. Since 2004, I have also practiced Social Security Disability law, helping injured workers to obtain disability and Medicare benefits.
In 2003 I joined Frailing, Rockwell & Kelly. In 2007 I became a partner with the firm, which is now presently known as Kelly, Duarte, Urstoeger & Ruble, LLP.
I have been a Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation law since 2002. For the last eight years I have been a member of the Board of Directors for the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association. I was also a Commissioner for the State Bar of California Workers’ Compensation Law Advisory Commission from 2015 through 2019, including being Chairperson of the Commission from 2018-2019. I have also been a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR) since 2004.
- Social Security Disability
- Supplemental Security Income
- Social Security Benefits
- Social Security Appeals
- Workers' Compensation
- Workers' Compensation Applications
- Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Workers' Compensation Appeals
- Medical Rights in Workers' Compensation Matters
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1996
- University of California Los Angeles
- B.A. - 1993
Certified Legal Specialties
- Workers' Compensation, California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- California Applicant Attorneys Association, Member
- California Applicant Attorneys Association, Stockton Chapter, Chapter President
- State Bar Workers’ Compensation Law Advisory Commission, 2015
Current Employment Position