Email us for a Free
If your loved one has died in a work-related accident, the stress and shock are likely enough to deal with, never mind having to worry about where your next paycheck will come from. At Law Office of Rockwell, Kelly, Duarte & Urstoeger, LLP, we are Modesto work-related deaths lawyers who help surviving spouses and dependents collect workers’ compensation funds after a workplace death. This may be small consolation in the wake of a fatal work injury, but appropriate and legally owed financial relief can go a long way toward lifting the burden of a difficult time. In California, workers’ compensation death benefits include:
- Up to $10,000 in funeral expenses
- An award up to $320,000 depending on the number of total dependents
- Continuing benefits paid at the same rate as total permanent disability benefits
In the wake of a tragedy, everything may seem up in the air. But that doesn’t have to apply to your money. Contact our firm to speak with an attorney who will fight to secure the benefits you may be owed. Call us at 209-225-9463.
Handling The Logistics Of Loss
A spouse or dependent of a worker who was fatally injured on the job may collect workers’ compensation death benefits in either of the following situations:
- The worker was killed in an on-the-job incident.
- The worker sustained an injury on the job that later proved to be fatal.
People filing for workers’ compensation death benefits, however, must do so within a certain time frame after the death or risk ineligibility:
- Within one year if the person died later from previously sustained injuries
- Within five years if the person’s death resulted from a single incident
The months and years after a loved one’s work-related passing can be difficult and confusing. But you don’t have to suffer financially as well as emotionally. Contact our firm at 209-225-9463 and make an appointment to make the most of a difficult situation.
Start Restoring Your Security
At Law Office of Rockwell, Kelly, Duarte & Urstoeger, LLP, we are committed to getting you the maximum financial assistance you may be owed after the work-related death of a loved one in or around Modesto and Stockton. To arrange for your free initial consultation, call us today at 209-225-9463 or email us.