Denied Workers’ Compensation Claims
While it can be discouraging to have your workers’ compensation claim denied by an insurance company, it is also not uncommon. Insurance companies can deny claims for a number of reasons, asserting variously that:
- You were not an employee at the time of the accident.
- Your accident did not occur at work.
- They don’t believe the doctors’ evaluation of your injuries.
Getting your claim denied, however, doesn’t mean the end of the road. With the help of an experienced attorney, you can contest the denial through several levels of appeals. At the Law Office of Rockwell, Kelly, Duarte & Urstoeger, LLP, we are Modesto denied workers’ compensation attorneys who provide efficient and targeted rebuttals to injured workers’ claims. With more than 30 years of workers’ compensation experience in California, we will advocate strongly for you when you find your injury benefits denied by an insurer. Our firm fights for what is right. Call us at 209-225-9463 to find out what we can do for your case.
Denying The Denial
An insurance company’s denial is usually either based on the situational facts of the injury or the medical evaluation. In either case, there are ways for a lawyer to contest its logic.
- Factual denials. These are the cases wherein the insurance company doesn’t believe that what you said happened actually happened. In cases such as these, a witness or other testimony to the incident can help sway the decision in the client’s direction.
- Medical denials. Insurance companies may claim that your injury was in fact a pre-existing condition, or that the doctor’s evaluation of your injuries doesn’t add up. For these types of denials, you need to enlist the help of another doctor or outside medical evaluator. Oftentimes cases like this can hinge on getting the right type of specialist to evaluate your injuries. At Law Office of Rockwell, Kelly, Duarte & Urstoeger, LLP, we have decades of experience working successfully with local doctors. We can steer you to the trusted doctors in the right specialty for your injury.
Don’t Give Up. Call Up.
If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, all is not lost. Oftentimes the first denial is only the beginning of the process. Make an appointment with Law Office of Rockwell, Kelly, Duarte & Urstoeger, LLP, Modesto and Stockton attorneys who will defend your rights and work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve. Call our office at 209-225-9463 or use the email form.
Making a false or fraudulent workers’ compensation claim is a felony subject to 5 years in prison or up to $50,000 or double the value of the fraud, whichever is greater, or by both imprisonment and fine.